You should be present at the Hospital’s Admission Office (level -1), with all the required documents related to your Third Party Guarantor, 48 Hours prior to your scheduled day of operation between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
After the admission office, you have to complete all the requested preoperative tests and consultations including:
- Blood and Radiation examination if required
- Complete Examination from the Cardiologist (EKG, Blood Pressure, Medical History…)
- Chest X-ray if required
- Complete Examination from the Anesthesiologist ( Medical History, Anesthesia Preferences..)
- Visit the nurse’s office on the first floor to confirm all preoperative tests and documents are in place
Once you have undertaken all your preoperative tests, you will be handed a Booklet that entails all the instructions that you must abide by on the day of Operation.
Important Instructions Prior to Surgery
- You are required to sign an authorization form to allow medical and \ or surgical treatment act
- Inform the surgeon about your chronic health problems and the medications you take daily especially anticoagulants (Aspirin, Sintrom, Plavix…) to determine when you should stop them before surgery
- Inform your physician of any illness (cough, sore throat, fever, chills or a runny nose ) occurring three days prior to your surgery date, as this may dictate postponing the surgical act.
- Bring with you the most recent laboratory/ diagnostic test results, X-rays or medical clearance documentation on the day of admission.
- Declare any contagious disease (Hepatitis B or C, AIDS, Tuberculosis).
- Inform the hospital in case you decided to cancel or postpone the operation
- Refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol two days prior to surgery.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink anything after the midnight before surgery, this includes water, coffee, food, chewing-gum or candy.
- Need to shower and for men to shave the morning of surgery
- Do not put on make-up, nail polish, acrylic nails, lotion the morning of your surgery
- Remove contact lenses or dentures prior to your surgery appointment.
- Remove ” Piercing” from whole body
- Take into consideration that you will not be able to drive after any surgery