You should be present at the Hospital 48 Hours prior to your scheduled day of Operation.
Please note that you need to visit the Hospital for Admission between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
You need to present to the Admission Office (level -1), all the required documents related to your Third Party Guarantor.
After checking with the admission office, you will be guided to undergo and complete all the requested preoperative tests and consultations, following the order below.
- Blood and Radiation examination if required
- Complete Examination from the Cardiologist (EKG, Blood Pressure, Medical History…)
- Chest X-ray if required
- Complete Examination from the Anesthesiologist ( Medical History, Anesthesia Preferences..)
- Visit the nurse’s office on the first floor to confirm all preoperative tests and documents are in place
Once you have undertook all your preoperative tests, you will be handed a Booklet that entails all the instructions that you must abide by on the day of Operation.
Important Instructions Prior to Surgery
- You are required to sign an authorization form to allow medical and \ or surgical treatment act
- Inform the surgeon about your chronic health problems and the medications you take daily especially anticoagulants (Aspirin, Sintrom, Plavix…) to determine when you should stop them before surgery
- Inform your physician of any illness (cough, sore throat, fever, chills or a runny nose ) occurring three days prior to your surgery date, as this may dictate postponing the surgical act.
- Bring with you the most recent laboratory/ diagnostic test results, X-rays or medical clearance documentation on the day of admission.
- Declare any contagious disease (Hepatitis B or C, AIDS, Tuberculosis).
- Inform the hospital in case you decided to cancel or postpone the operation
- Refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol two days prior to surgery.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink anything after the midnight before surgery, this includes water, coffee, food, chewing-gum or candy.
- Need to shower and for men to shave the morning of surgery
- Do not put on make-up, nail polish, acrylic nails, lotion the morning of your surgery
- Remove contact lenses or dentures prior to your surgery appointment.
- Remove ” Piercing” from whole body
- Take into consideration that you will not be able to drive after any surgery